Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tandoori Chicken

I rarely cook non-veg at home. Being vegetarian myself, its not very motivating to cook for my DH and not able to eat myself! However, I have already cooked this recipe few times at home. My friend Preeti once made it and posted its pics in her blog. DH went crazy seeing the pics and I decided to give it a try and it was a great success. Recently DH came back from Germany trip so I made it again for him and made some tandoori paneer for myself in the same marination (recipe coming soon). So here I am basically reproducing Preeti's recipe:

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken legs (no skin)
salt
lemon
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup yogurt
handful of coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Tandoori masala
2-3 green chillies


Wash and pat dry chicken pieces. Make some slips in the pieces. Put some salt and lemon and let chicken pieces soak salt and lemon for 30 minutes. In the meantime mix all the ingredients in a grinder and marinate chicken in this paste for 5-6 hours or overnight. Now you can grill it. But we are not allowed to use grill in our apartment building so I have to use oven. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Grease a tray and put chicken pieces in the tray and put it in oven for 45 minutes. If you want more spicy tandoori chicken, you can rub some chicken masala on marinated chicken pieces and then put them in oven. After 45 minutes turn the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes. Now to get the burn effect at places, put the oven on broiler and put chicken pieces in the top most shelf just for 4-5 minutes and remove them. Serve with green chutney, lemon and onions soaked in vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment