Friday, August 20, 2010

Thai time : Basil Tofu

I miss Thai99 in Charlottesville. My favorite recipe there was Pad Krapao with Tofu Thai hot. I loved the aroma of Basil. I could never get that taste here in Kingston. But this recipe is pretty close and more important, yummy!!!!

Ingrdients:
1/2 pound medium hard Tofu
1 cup chopped bell pepper and onion
1 small bunch of basil leaves
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced green chilli
salt to taste
1/4 tbsp crushed red chilli pepper
1/2 tsp sugar

Cut tofu in pieces and shallow fry it. In the remaining oil, fry onion and green chilli. When garlic turns golden brown, add onion and bell peppers. Put fish sauce,
sugar and salt. Add Tofu and let it cook for few more minutes.

I made thai jasmine rice along with this and it tasted great.

1 comment:

  1. Poonam..you are kiling me !!!! you are raising the bar very high....Hats off to your patience to try new things with Tanay.

    ReplyDelete