Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Royal Bread Pakoda

This has a special place in my life as this is the first "exotic" dish I made at my in-laws place after my wedding. It was superhit. Everybody liked it so much that I made it at least 3 times during my 15 days stay. I call it royal because there are many other ways to make bread pakoda.

Ingredients:

1 white bread
Oil for frying

Filling:
4 boiled potatoes peeled and mashed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 small onion finely chopped
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste

Mix everything and keep aside

Batter:
1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli
1/3 tsp garam masala
a pinch turmeric powder

Mix everything. Pour water and make a medium thick consistency batter.

Heat oil in a pan. Remove edges of the bread slices. Cut the bread slices into 4.
Take two pieces, sprinkle some water on the bread pieces. Put 1 tbsp filling in between the two slices. Press and close with your hand. Make many such pieces.
Dip each piece in batter and fry in oil. When golden brown, take out.
Serve hot with chutney or ketch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment