Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mangalore Buns

Around 10 days back my brother-in-law requested that I make Mangalore buns for his bro.
Till then I hadn't heard the name of Mangalore buns. I searched internet and found many recipes for it. Finally I liked Ramya's recipe . I am just reproducing her recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1 cup all purpose flour
3-4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mash banana well and add all the ingredients. Mix well and make dough. Add water if you need to. Keep it overnight.
Now heat oil in a pan. Take a tennis ball size dough in hand and press with your palm. Fry it in oil. My dough became very loose so my buns are not perfect circle but they tasted good. I served them with peanut chutney which I quickly made. For peanut chutney, I just put some roasted peanuts, coconut flakes, tamarind extract, green chilli and salt in a blender and made chutney. I loved this heavenly dish and immediately fell in love with its sweet and salty taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment