Thursday, May 6, 2010

Creme Brulee

I had Creme Brulee first time in Olivia restaurant and loved this heavenly dessert. I had to learn this...I did lot of search on internet and tried many recipes and finally reached the perfect creme brulee recipe. In fact, when I went to Paris in May 2009, I tried the most authentic creme brulee there and was happy to know that my recipe was not very different than this. When I didn't have blow torch I used to caramalize the sugar layer by putting oven on broil and then putting ramekins on the top most section for 3 minutes. Still the creme part was getting little warm. Now I bought blow torch and get the perfect chilled creme with hot caramalized sugar. Try this and you will love it...

Ingredients:
300 ml heavy whipping cream
Egg yolks of 4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (better if you have vanilla beans but I manage well with the essence)
90-100 gram sugar

Set oven for temperature 290 F. In a pan, add vanilla essence and whipping cream and heat the whipping cream and when it is just about to boil, switch off the stove. In a vessel, whisk egg yolk and sugar. Now very slowly add the whipping cream into it and keep whisking the mixture. Now put this mixture in 4 ramekins. In a big vessel boil water. Put ramekins in a big baking pan and put this in the oven. Add boiling water in the pan. This should be baked in about 35 minutes. Take out ramekins out of oven and chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. When you want to eat it, just spread a very thin layer of sugar and burn it with a blow torch. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment