Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pizza

I love pizza. They are so cheesy, yummy....

My good friend Soni told me a recipe for pizza. And when I bought pizza pan, there was a recipe on that pan. Combining these two recipes and after 3-4 trials, I developed my own recipe for a perfect pizza. And here is what you need.

Perforated pizza pan (and not the usual one. The reason is that normal pizza pan has no holes and thus the moisture is trapped in and the base becomes soggy). See picture of my pizza pan. Note: finally I bought pizza stone and my pizzas are better than ever.



1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
some warm water (less than 1/2 cup)
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
pizza sauce (I use the spicy pizza sauce available in Walmart)
tex mex cheeze (mixture of mozerella, cheddar and monterey jack)
Stuff for toppings (such as onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, mushrooms, sun-dried tomato etc.)



In a big bowl, put some warm water, sugar and yeast. Leave it for 10 minutes for yeast to get activated. Now add salt and olive oil and mix well. Add wheat flour and all purpose flour and knead with hands. Add more water if you need to. Put this dough in oiled bowl and cover with a cloth for and keep aside for 1 hour.

After one hour, punch the dough, make a big ball and let it rest for a minute.

Switch on the oven. Set it at 425F degrees.

Now roll the ball to make pizza base of the size of your pan. Oil the pizza pan and put the rolled base on the pan and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
Add a layer of pizza sauce and then a layer of tex mes cheese. Add your favorite toppings. Put the pizza in oven and pizza is ready in 20-25 minutes.

Note: I give it my pizza Indian touch. I marinate paneer in tandoori masala, salt and yogurt and then put that paneer as topping. This paneer topping along with onions taste great.

My another favorite topping is cooked spinach topping with onion and bell peppers. I cook spinach in oil, garlic, crushed red chilli and salt and then use as topping.







3 comments:

  1. yummy!!! mereko aur pizza khana hai !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too ....this looks so so sooooooooooooooooo yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the versatility of pizza. I have used various sauces (marinara, pesto, alfredo, Mexican salsa), various toppings (all kinds of veggies), and various cheeses. The combinations are limitless. I am excited to try the Indian pizza.

    ReplyDelete